All the staff and children from Nursery to Year 2 had exciting storytelling sessions with Beth. The children thoroughly enjoyed the exciting tales, musical performances, and interactive parts of the session. This is the second time we’ve had Beth visit our school and on both occasions her sessions have been thoroughly enjoyed by all. Thank you Beth. Gemma KS1 Lead at Walton Holy Moorside Primary 2022
Now taking bookings for storytelling week, World book week, Christmas storytelling and curriculum days in 2022!
I offer interactive storytelling performances and workshops across South Yorkshire. With music, props, singing and call and response, my sessions are popular with schools and nurseries.
I have delivered sessions at many local schools with excellent feedback, including St Josephs Handsworth, (“They clearly got a great deal out of the day and came back to the classroom buzzing about it” N Frankish) Nether Edge (“enthralled by the stories and so excited to retell them afterwards “Jenny Kidd), Arbourthorne (“Thank you very much for your fantastic storytelling sessions this week “Catherine Nowill), E-Act Pathways, Tinsley, Acres Hill and Mundella Primary schools.
The yr 3/4 national curriculum requires ‘increasing familiarity with a wide range of books including fairy stories, myths and legends and retelling some of these orally’ (pg 35 2014) and there cannot be a more enjoyable way of doing this than though a live storytelling performance.
Storytelling can really enrich world culture, history or literacy topics and helps children become familiar with the traditional stories that have informed all our favourite writers!
African folktales, British folktales and legends, Viking myths, Trickster tales, Mythical Beasts & Magical creatures, Seasonal storytelling and Animal Stories.
Once again thank you for such a fabulous workshop. The children thoroughly enjoyed the story telling and drama session. You covered such an important learning objective for the year 3 English National Curriculum. The children’s knowledge and understanding of ancient Greece has developed. 2018 Hannah Hope OLMC Doncaster
Please also contact for teacher and student workshops on using storytelling in the classroom and scroll down for prices and information about setting up a session.
Thank you for your time and effort in learning stories from West Africa to match our topics…. All of our children benefitted from the sessions, they were enthralled by the stories and so excited to re-tell them afterwards. What a wonderful start to our “Into the World Topic! Jennifer Kidd (Yr 5)
“The children were really engaged and excited by the stories – a lovely fun experience for them.” Carol Jenkins, Balby Primary Year 1
Pricelist and important information about my sessions!
|Session||Prices (not inclusive of travel if outside of Sheffield)
|One interactive storytelling session (up to 55 mins performance)||£95|
|Half day Storytelling (up to 2.25 hours storytelling) or Storytelling plus workshop||£145|
|Full day Storytelling (up to 4 hours storytelling)||£235|
|Full day storytelling plus one hour teacher’s workshop on using oral storytelling in the curriculum for literacy||£265|
Points to consider when booking a storytelling session:
- My storytelling sessions are very interactive and energetic and I limit total performance time to 4 hours.
- Each storytelling session needs to be 35-55 minutes for children to get full experience. I recommend 1-4 classes in a session.
- My prices are very reasonable and are inclusive of prep/props/insurance/DBS so do consider booking one full and one half day if you have a big school.
- If teachers and support staff are present in the session it will help make the most of the session in follow-up work
- I’m happy to suggest work to follow-up storytelling. Making props, mini theatre shows, puppets, storyboarding, masks are excellent ways to help children digest the stories.
- I tell traditional myths, folktales and legends in a contemporary language so I cannot make up stories for units of work but I have a big repertoire for different occasions.
- Please ensure there is at least one adult with EACH class.
- I can tell and set up a storytelling space in a classroom or hall – it needs to be a place where there is minimal traffic and noise.
Thanks, and look forward to hearing from you!
You can find my listing here: